- Base Level 120
- Cautious Village
- In Port Malaya, speak with the Village Chief at the park and select "I'm on my way".
- He is undecided whether to fight Bakonawa or to calm it by sacrificing a gift because of it's threat.
- He heard that the belongings of the missing people are found at Baryo Mahiwaga.
- He tells the you that Tiyanaks carries those belongings and asks the you to retrieve 2 Lost Belongings from Tiyanak and take them to the Missing Person's Father.
- Each time a Tiyanak is killed, there's a chance of Lost Belongings automatically being added to the player's inventory. They are account bound. It is recommended to hunt them one time. Total Lost Belongings that will be consumed are 17 pcs.
- Speak with the Missing Person's Father and he tells the player that the lost belongings belong tot . He then asks the player to get 7 Lost Belongings and bring them to the Missing Person's Friend.
- Bring them to the Missing Person's Friend and he tells you that those are the marbles and toys he gave him and asks where is his friend.
- He asks you to get 3 Lost Belongings and deliver them to the Missing Person's Son.
- Deliver the lost belongings to the Missing Person's Son and he tells you that is his father's clothes and shoes.
- He asks you to bring 5 Lost Belonging to the Missing Person's Mother.
- Bring them to Missing Person's Mother and she'll tell you that it's her child's hair comb. Return to the Village Chief.
- The Village Chief concludes that all the missing people were killed by the Bakonawa.
- He tells you to get rid of it by yourselves. However, it seems that it could be no longer possible to handle rituals to calm the Bakonawa.
- He tells the you that the Young Fortune Teller seeks for their help.
- He will give you 5 Inside-Out Shirts.
- Speak with the Young Fortune Teller .
- She tells you that the energy of the moon is growing weaker the past days and that is the reason why evil spirits are increasing in numbers.
- She tells you that she is holding a ritual to restore the moon's energy.
- To be able to that, she needs to sacrifice a monster's blood. She asks you to hunt 15 Tikbalang.
- After killing Tikbalangs, return to her and she'll give you 5 Tikbalang Harnesses.
- Speak with the Village Chief again. He tells the you that he never know when the Bakonawa will attack the village. In preparation, he asks you to help set traps near the village & lake entrance.
- Just walk near these NPC's and a dialog will pop-out. Set the traps in the following order.
- After setting all the traps you decide to return to the Village Chief. He thanks and rewards you with 7 Lesser Agimats, EXP & Job EXP.
- Once you enter the instance, do not leave as the NPC will not let you back in.
Now that you've finished setting all the traps. You now have authorization to enter Bakonawa's Lair. A strong party is recommended. To proceed further, speak with Taho inside the cave to book an instance dungeon.
1. Once inside the instance, speak to Taho once your party is buffed and ready to go. Tell him you are ready and he will summon Bakonawa.
- Magic reduction and/or Magnetic Earth is key, with a continuous stream of dps.
- Recommended gears are Asprika, Alice Valk, Unfro/Fire Armor, and Kafra Blossom Accs.
- Bakonawa is unreachable by Melee Auto-Attack, and some skills.
- Blood sucker or 193 Aspd the Gongs. Wear a Fire armor during this phase.
- P3 adds Shield Reflect, LoV/Storm Gust, and the Crit attack for 20-40k damage from P1
Phase 1: Bakonawa appears inside the lake. In this phase, Meteor Storms shower down, but other than that very few skills are used and it should be easy to defeat him. There is a 10 minute time limit for this Phase.
Phase 2: When he is defeated, he will move further into the lake and try to swallow the moon. You must make noise by defeating the 4 Instruments that appear. These are plant type, meaning they take only one damage per hit, and seem to have around 200 HP (forgot to Sense). While you are attacking these, Meteor Storms will continue raining down on your party. There is a 5 minute time limit for this Phase.
Phase 3: Enraged Bakonawa appears near the lake again and you must defeat him. As before, Meteor Storms rain down, but he now uses other skills such as Storm Gust, Lord of Vermillion and Break Weapon. As he grows weaker, waves of minions will be summoned every two minutes, about 15 each wave. These are stronger than the normal monsters around Malaya.
When he dies, a Treasure Box is spawned to the south of the lake that contains the loot. Meteors often continue to rain down until it is broken, so bring a just-in-case Res Token.
Note: Do NOT Butterfly Wing out of the Instance! Instead, talk to the NPC near where you spawned in to receive 7 Ancient Grudges.
end of instance.
Bakonawa Extermination can repeat after 7 days.