- Base Level 120
- solo in party
- You can not reenter this instance if you happen to exit this instance before the instance done (e.g. disconnected, died then respawn). It is suggested to bring Token of Siegfried in case you die on the middle of the instance.
- All monsters in this instance are either Undead, Demon, or Demi-Human race, and have Undead, Shadow, Ghost, Wind or Earth element.
- All monsters have moderate chance to drop Gray Shard, which is required to purchase equipments and weapons at the end of the instance. Some monsters like Dullahans, Dark Frames and Khalitzburgs also drop Herb of Incantation (MATK +30 for 1 minute) and Distilled Fighting Spirit (ATK +30 for 1 minute).
- You can steal from all the monsters in the instance for extra Gray Shards, this includes the Torturous Redeemer.
To start this quest, you have to use the Dimensional Device located on Rune Midgard Allied Forces Post within the New World. It will warp you into the Dimensional Gap. Enter the second map of Dimensional Gap. The portal is located at
(dali 64, 128)
, near the Sapha.
- Talk to Unpleasent Royal Guard in Dimensional Gap to start the quest:
- When instance is ready, click on Interdimensional Device and select Enter. You have 1 hour to complete this instance.
- Talk to King to start. You will see Lurid Royal Guard is appointed as Princess Tiara's bodyguard for her marriage with a prince. Somehow you see monsters attack the palace. Kill all of those monsters to open portal to second stage (north end of room). Monsters: Bloody Murderer, Ragged Zombie.
- Talk to Lurid Royal Guard (132, 122). Somehow the monsters are still attacking the palace. Clear the monsters to open portal to 3rd stage (117, 137). Monsters: Dark Frame, Flame Skull, Wind Ghost.
- You will be inside a prison. Talk to King (32, 54) to advance the quest. Lurid Royal Guard is accused as the culprit behind the monsters attack. Cursed Spirit Thanatos will grant him the way out. Kill every monster on every jail chamber until announcement that the exit portal appears (54, 28). Quickly go to southeast corner portal as a big mob of undeads come at you. No need to kill them, but this is a good place to farm Gray Shard since this is the stage where most number of mobs appear. Monsters: Skeleton Prisoner, Zombie Prisoner, Ghoul.
- Kill the monsters. After enough monster killed, you will see king and his soldier fall on the ground. Talk to Lurid Royal Guard, you will see that the Visiting Prince is the real culprit. He will transform into Torturous Redeemer. Kill it and make sure to grab Gray Shard from it since it drops 2. Kill the last monster to open next portal (southwest corner). Monsters: Khalitzburg, Bloody Murderer.
- You will be inside the prison again. Talk to Princess Tiara (216, 43), and you will find out that she is dying. Kill monsters in every jail chamber until another Torturous Redeemer come. No need to kill it since Sakray will do the job. Talk to Sakray (196, 44). Now Sakray already changed, granted new power from Thanatos Spirit. Monsters: Dullahan, Skogul, Skeleton Prisoner
- This marks the end of the instance. An exit portal will appear in south east (210, 28). Before you go, you can talk to King (205, 29) to trade Gray Shards for Thanatos weapons and Gray equipment. Each weapon requires 200 Gray Shards and each Gray equipment requires 100 Gray Shards. See section below for list of weapons and equipment.
- When you go to exit portal, you will get 2 Gray Shards as reward in completing the instance as well as EXP.
- Talk to Unpleasent Royal Guard again after 23 hours to repeat the instance.
List of Monsters
- All monsters are normal and do not have much HP. None of them are boss protocol
Thanatos Weapons and Gray Equipment Set
To exchange Gray Shards for weapons or equipment, talk to either one of these 2 NPCs:
- The King before exiting the instance
- A traveler of dimension
- Each weapon can be obtained by exchanging 200 Gray Shards.
- Each weapon has a base level requirement of 120.
|Name||DEF||Holy resist||+% Holy resist per upgrade||Equippable by|
|90||+10%||+2% per upgrade||Swordman, Archer, Merchant, Thief 3rd classes|
|25||+2%||+1% per 3 upgrades||All 3rd classes|
|45||+5%||+1% per 2 upgrades||All 3rd classes|
|35||+3%||+1% per 2 upgrades||All 3rd classes|
|55||+10%||+2% per upgrade||Mage/Acolyte 3rd Class|
|75||+30%||+1% per upgrade||All 3rd classes|
- Each piece of equipment can be obtained by exchanging 100 Gray Shards.
- Each piece of equipment has a base level requirement of 120.